Thursday 23 July 2015

Dinner at a bus stop

An excellent day today and I'm feeling so much better - I'm well and fit, it's not so hot and the paths are good, so progress is much easier and faster.  I'm now following the Alte Via 1, a much frequented trail used for the Tour de Geants, and plan to keep on this well signed route to Courmayeur, without deviating to climb any peaks.  Today I walked from Valtournenche to Oyace; the forecast thunderstorms didn't materialise, the scenery was good and I really enjoyed fluidity of movement in the absence of obstructing vegetation.  Two thirds of the time I've allowed have elapsed and I'm feeling good.  I hope to make Courmayeur by Sunday, when I can pick up new boots left for me at the Guides' office; I reckon the present ones will just about get me there!  Just now it's a lovely evening, I'm eating my dinner at a convenient bus stop and will bivouac in some alpine meadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment